The Crown Princess Mary obsession #6


I thrilled to tell that we still got a few of these posts left. It has been a true pleasure to get to know some of you and I hope many more will join us -it is not too late at all. My followers have always been important to and and you still are. To be able to share your stories are a great chance for all of us. I know my followers really enjoyed all of them so far and I am sure you will enjoy this one as much. This time I have been in touch with Chris. Take good care of her. She's just wonderful.

Chris, please tell us a little about yourself and how your fascination of the royals?

"I was born in 1954 with a special form of asthma. In that time the medication was not like it is today. I could no always play and run with my friends, I sat at home and cutting photo's from the magazines and newspaper photos of the royal family. As a child I loved the glamour and the glitter and the fairy tails. I pasted the photo's in a scrapbook and that's how it all began." She tells that even though the medication got better over the years, she kept her childhood interest in cutting- and pasting such as her new interest in the royal history: "... I also started to interest me in the history of these royals family's." 
'Like a dream' -tin Chris' own words

What about the interest in Crown Princess Mary, how did that start?

"There were always new princess' so I could go on collecting but in 2004 Crown Princess Mary came into my life..." Chris have a very special memory with Mary, when she still wasn't married to Prince Frederik yet:"... I never forget the day her hat blow away, she wasn't married yet - she was so beautiful, so natural and elegant. Now, years later she still is." Crown Princess Mary is also a great inspiration for Chris, especially when she is out shopping: "I don't have skirts or dresses like Mary's but when I'm going to shop I will always think - What would Mary wear?" I don't think Mary and her style will ever go out of date: I am only 20 and her style is as great an inspiration to me as many of you in all ages. 
That day when her hat flew off


How do you 'take care' of this obsession, by that I mean how has this become an "obsession/hobby" to you?

"Today I don't use notebook's anymore. I've scanned a lot of it and not I download most of it and I will keep on doing this..." The next thing Chris tells is something I can relate to. In my first obsession post #1, I told you my own personal story. I talked about all my folders, books, magazines etc. and what a nightmare it can sometimes be, keeping everything on track. Chris knows what I am talking about:"... I have maps with Mary's shoes, a map with her dresses etc. - to be honest I also have maps about the other royals as well."

The AICHA clutch from Carlend Copenhagen is Chris' favourite!


Chris had a really good friend who purchased several things to her when visiting Denmark. One day she discovered Style of Mary. "Years ago I had a friend and she was so in love with a Danish man and 2 or 3 times a year she went to Denmark to see him and then I gave her some money to buy me magazines and newspapers. I did not understand a single word but I had all the photo's of Mary and her events." That's a thing I have heard so many times. I know Danish is hard and difficult to learn, but really I think you should try. It is a pretty hard language to learn, but nothing is impossible. With the development of the internet, luckily most blogs etc. are in English.

You mentioned my blog; what does Style of Mary mean to you?

Style of Mary have brought me so much joy, which I hope is the case for all of you as well. Chris have I known for quite some time. The truth is, when you enter the world of royalty you become a part of a wonderful community and quickly you get to know so many kind and wonderful people. I never imagined that I would know so many amazing people from all around the world. "I don't know exactly when I discovered this blog 'Style of Mary'... I was so happy because of all the information's and all the links. In Belgium there is not so much info about Crown Princess Mary and her family, so I was very happy when I found Styleofmary. She was and still is my favourite princess." As most of us think. "... I love the way Mary is dresses, it is possible for us to get dressed the same stylish way. I have the same feeling with the Duchess of Cambridge."
Chris love the Lotus earrings made by Marianne Dulong



Some call it crazy; does your loved once say the same about you?

"Martin (Chris' husband) and I have been together for the last 30 year. When we got to know each other I had stacks of scrapbooks and books everywhere! At first he though it was a bit strange hobby to have but he let me continue with my beloved hobby, without any comments - he had to ha ha! 
Do you have anything you wish to do with your Mary-obsession/hobby?

"I really want to go for a visit to Copenhagen next year with the hope to get the chance to see Mary myself!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment